Sunday, July 12, 2015

Niagara Falls, eh!

#TBTFiles
Niagara Falls
August 2011

When I was 5, my family went on a summer vacation to New York, Washington DC, and Niagara Falls. All of my impressions of the cities were based on hotels. New York sucked because they had smelly pillows. Washington DC was whatever. Niagara Falls was badass because we had a room that was almost the size of a suite.

Seeing as how that was my only recollection, I wanted to check it out again, especially off the heels of my visit to Iguacu Falls in Brazil (http://tcarychow.blogspot.com/2011/02/day-20-descending-to-new-heights.html) and Argentina (http://tcarychow.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-21-argentinian-cowboys.html). So when I visited Toronto after a Detroit journalism convention, I trekked to Niagara, a mere 80 miles away. 

The little-known prequel to Mad Max: Fury Road.
Feeling misty.
The New York side is on the right. I'm straight up Canada, eh.
I call this #Alone.

This gorgeous gear saves your clothes when you hop on the boats that take you close to the falls. I'm delighted to wear mine.
This was about the closest pic to the falls I got. I'm sure I had a camera then as opposed to a phone, so I had to make sure I didn't break it. Looking back, it didn't matter. The camera broke anyway.
Hoping on the boat with some Niagara skyline in the back.
Freestyle time! I was definitely more vertical than this. This poor photography from my boy Ojima. Dude's making me look bad.

Another panoramic.

Underneath and behind the falls.

Tim Taylor appreciates this power.
Panoramic #3.
The parking lot.
Signs? Whatever whatever I do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment