Sunday, July 31, 2016

Klay Thompson made 10-3s against the Thunder so I got to go to NorCal instead of Oklahoma City to cover my first NBA Finals

Suit and sneaks.
San Francisco/Oakland, CA
June 2016
NBA Finals coverage: Cavs at Warriors, Games 1 and 2

LeBron James at shootaround. Let him borrow my night jogging socks.
Kyrie Irving at shootaround. 
Introducing the PB2. As in peanut butter and jelly... and pork belly.  This is at Jamber Wine Bar, a small hipster hangout with a little bit of a fly problem. The sandwich was tasty, but not required eating. Different enough for a trial though. And their happy hour prices are top notch so I couldn't help but get the sampler. (There was no game the next day, people. Don't judge.)
Kin Khao, one of the best reviewed Thai restaurants in SF, which is saying something. It's Michelin-rated, but I wouldn't say it's mind-blowing. By this point, I don't remember what these food pics are. Rice Krispy treats? 
Some sort of curry. Maybe. Kin Khao's Yelp reviews are strong; the critics love it; it's one of my foodie friend's favorite spots... but all that said, I'd give it one of those ho hum emojis.

Back to work. LeBron driving on someone. Is that Harrison Barnes? Festus Ezeli? Hard to tell without my binoculars.

Confetti showers after every game. The DNC in Philly made Oracle Arena look like chumps.

Being a total fatty. Went to Sushiritto and ordered both a sushi burrito and sushi nachos for myself. No regrets! The line took forever - think I had to wait 20 minutes or so (I don't remember), but I enjoyed this more than Kin Khao. I think I double dipped with tuna for both, but highly recommend. Picture the Chipotle of sushi... minus the E Coli.
Bay Bridge and a beer at Waterbar.
A summer hike to Baker Beach. Forget the name of this forest, but for the uber nerd, you may recognize this setting from "Return of the Jedi." This is Endor. You could say it was more lush "a long time ago."
Baker Beach view of the Golden Gate.
Clear up, dammit!
That's not going to cut it.

Fine. #CloudsAreA-Holes
Your guess is as good as mine as to what this one's doing.
The other side is better.
This toilet is at the bus stop just outside what's considered one of the best bakeries in SF: b. patisserie. Convenient I suppose. Didn't have the courage to look inside.
Requisite cable car.
A UCSB + AAJA SF reunion.
Pastries from Tartine, another fancy bakery in SF, who's line is far more arduous than b. patisserie. I'd rate Tartine higher.
Street art alert. Deuces.
Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal representing for the late Muhammad Ali, who died the day before. #GOAT

Clocks.

A moment of silence and tribute to the GOAT, Muhammad Ali.

Upper level press seats were right next to the arena DJ. And yes, arenas have DJs now. They play all sorts of music without lyrics that the young kids gyrate to.

#LoveMyJob

2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find single women in Brazil from among thousands of single Asian ladies at Amorconfiavel, the only online dating website with background criminal check.

    ReplyDelete